Walleye fishing is one of the most popular pastimes among anglers and for good reason. These freshwater fish can reach up to 20 pounds and provide a thrilling catch. One of the keys to successful walleye fishing is having the right lure in your tackle box. With so many options on the market, it can be hard to know which ones to choose.
In this post, we’ll discuss the best walleye lures that are sure to help you catch more fish on your next trip out.
- Rapala Shad Rap – The Shad Rap is a classic and effective walleye lure. Its realistic swimming action mimics that of a fleeing baitfish, which walleye can’t resist.
- Jig Heads – Jigs are versatile and can be used in many different ways. When paired with a soft plastic bait, they are a deadly combination for walleye.
- Spinnerbaits – Walleye are known to love spinnerbaits. The flash and vibration from the blades attract their attention and draw them in for a strike.
- Berkley Flicker Shad – This crankbait has a tight wobble and erratic action that drives walleye crazy. Its holographic finish and internal rattle make it even more enticing.
- Yamamoto Senko Worms – These simple worms are deadly for walleye. Their slow fall and subtle action mimic a natural prey item, making them hard for walleye to resist.
- Rattlin’ Rapala – The Rattlin’ Rapala is a favorite among many walleye anglers. Its loud rattles and lifelike swimming action make it a staple in any tackle box.
- Salmo Hornet – The Salmo Hornet is a versatile crankbait that can be fished shallow or deep. Its tight wiggle and realistic finish make it a go-to for many walleye fishermen.
- Mepps Aglia Spinner – The Mepps Aglia Spinner is another favorite among walleye fishermen. Its flashy blades and lifelike tail mimic a fleeing baitfish, making it irresistible to walleye.
- Northland Mimic Minnow – The Mimic Minnow is a soft plastic bait with a lifelike swimming action. When paired with a jig head, it is deadly for walleye.
- Hair Jigs – Hair jigs are another versatile option for walleye fishing. When paired with a live minnow or soft plastic bait, they are irresistible to hungry walleye.
These walleye lures are sure to help you catch more fish on your next outing. Whether you prefer crankbaits, jigs, or soft plastics, there is something on this list for every angler. Remember to vary your retrieval speed and technique to see what works best on any given day.
With a little patience and the right lure, you’ll be reeling in walleye in no time.