The coating of your handgun or rifles might not all the time like your type. So, when you want to remove that it will be quite expensive for you to hire a professional for this job.
Though removing cerakote all by yourself can be even worse, when you don’t get the right process to do that.
When you browse on the web, you can’t find the accurate info in one blog. So, after doing some hours of research on the internet, I just more significant all the precise info for you. I provide some tips and guide about how to remove cerakote from your gun.
Here Is Some Preferable Process To Do.
This is the method that will not put any stress on your metal. But this process can remove most of the coating from your gun.
With all these methods without melting your gun just use a sandblasting machine with having Aluminum oxide 100 to 120 grit and a between 35 to 40 PSI of your sandblasting device.
Clean all of your gun parts with Acetone. Then insert that parts into the frame, with removing the magazine and spring parts also.
Now hangs the gun with a wire but not so close with the elements. After sometimes heat your firearm with an oven at a heat range 180 degrees F for the 45 minutes.
Before separating all the parts, let it be cool for a while. Then you have to put all the elements into shape but not too tight.
This wet, blasting process is quite familiar with sandblasting. But slightly different because here water added. People generally use this process to remove bluing, anodizing, and cerakote, etc.
The other point is it so faster than sandblasting with chemical liquid or Garnet. With all the methods to remove cerakote this wet blasting is the way more quickly than any process.
Due to using water, it makes massive force so it will impact on the surface of your gun or rifle.
When you use to remove cerakote from your firearms by a gun cleaning chemical. Then make sure that your room is well ventilated. Because the smell of that chemical will give you a serious headache.
It will be a better idea to do this job in the open air. By wearing a glove. And do not do smoke near it.
This chemical cleaner will not run off because it won’t work like a lacquer thinner. So, keep that with a rub and a thick cloth or a toothbrush.
Perfect surface preparation also an essential issue for the cerakote because it will make an impact on the working process.
There is another way, just use media blaster with Jasco premium paint and Epoxy Remover.
Note: While applying Epoxy remover on the cerakote for wait 15min before starting scrubbing.
What Is This Cerakote Vs Duracoat All About?
For a newbie cerakote and duracoat, both are curing produces. Both can change the look of your product instantly. At a word, this coating can give a stylish look from an annoying gun.
To give your gun a better look, these two words are quite familiar. You can’t say that this method is better than that. NO. You can make a better-looking firearm if you know how to use this process correctly.
What Is Cerakote?
This is a kind of a ceramic base coating system. It comes with a lot of variations in color. It will help you to customize your weapon more beautifully. The manufactured company is NIC.
- Friendly speaking, because of thin, that’s why it last long.
- It is so smooth to apply.
- You can use it for lubrication purposes also.
- It attracts less dust and dirt also.
- You can pick from 102 colors variation.
- There is a lot of course online to do work with this.
- Your gun needs to sperate the guns’ item to apply this method.
- You might need professional help if you are a newbie.
What Is Duracoat?
This one is the chemical base two different types of coating. One is topcoat, and the other one is a clear coat. You can go creative for this coating.
- Without any doubt, this one is so reasonable.
- You will get 257 colors to select.
- This method is so easy to apply.
- You don’t need to professional to use this one.
- You can get a matte finish look and glossy in Duracoat.
- It needs the air-drying process.
- It needs a minimum of 3-6 weeks to set on.
- Apply will be a bit of a challenge.
Why Should You Use A Firearm Coat?
Before know which coat will be the better choice for you. First know why you should use this. OH, yeah you can use these methods for your axes, knives and the other essential tools.
- You can use your imagination to make your gun a better look.
- Your gun will become chic.
- It adds a unique personality.
- It will make it more durable.
- You will never feel the dull look of your gun.
- It’s kind of doing TATTOO on the guns’ body.
The Difference: Cerakote Vs Duracoat.
So, from the upper difference, I have joined the difference at a glance.
- Duracoat needs a minimum of 3-5 weeks to develop color. Where cerakote can be cured within room temperature.
- You will need a paint gun for cerakote, but you can spray paint in Duracoat.
- You will get 257 colors in dura coat, on the other hand, Depakote has 102 colors.
- Yes, you can do creative work with cerakote, but Duracoat has some it’s limitations.
Advantage Of Duracoat.
The main advantage of it is inexpensive. You don’t need to be that much of caution to cure gun with the finish. One thing is you can start using the firearm within 24 hours. But it takes 3-6 weeks to cure it.
You will find one problem is scratching on your gun. But it’s also easy to get clean with impact chemical resistance.
You can get a different texture by adding two different colors, and the output will amaze you.
Advantage Of Cerakote.
This cerakote takes only five days to cure. Your weapon will get more durable for this. The plus point, it will protect your gun from rust and other small elements.
You just need to put your gun apart and have to sandblast it. OH, I must tell you provided that the paint into particular specific crevices.
Then you will ruin your arm for forever if you have done this with care, then no need to worry. That’s why you need a professional for new service.
But this can be a permanent solution for long time use.
It will be a nightmare for you to removing cerakote from your firearm. Provided that you don’t know which process you have to apply on which item. My upper description will help you to remove 100% cerakote from your guns. Also, this process will save a lot of your money.